The Home Support Service offers assistance on a social and practical level. We promote positive attitudes towards ageing and to encourage older people to live their lives with dignity and independence in their own homes for as long as possible.
The scheme covers Crediton & District and has been working hard with and for older people throughout Crediton & the surrounding areas since 2013.
We aim to promote the well-being of all older people and to help make their lives a more fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Help us to help YOU
If you have any query, concern or wish to start or cancel this service please contact us:
Tel: 01363 777241
(or leave a message and your telephone number on the answer phone if we are busy).
Services are normally provided Mondays to Fridays
The Home Support Service - what it can provide
The Home Support Service can offer assistance on a social and practical level. It aims to support older people and their carers to maintain as independent and as full a life as possible.
- Domestic help - our team give help in the home typically with cleaning, laundry, food preparation and shopping
- Home companion service - Our home companions offer package of personalised support to enable older people to continue living safely in their own home, whilst providing their carers with some much needed respite.
- Handy-person service - Our handy-person service gives help for routine household maintenance including small repairs, safety measures and home security.
- Befriending service - Provided by DBS checked volunteers who typically visit older people in their own homes.
Practical support in the home
To prevent, wherever possible, admission to residential or institutional care:
To relieve loneliness and isolation by keeping regular contact and encouraging neighbourhood care;
To keep older people well-informed of the care services available to them.
What you can expect
Kate, the coordinator of the Home Support Team, with your prior consent, will visit you at home to find if we can offer any help.
Provided that assistants are available, Kate will arrange to accompany the assistant to your home to introduce you to each other.
We will keep in touch with you on a regular basis.
Cost of this service:
- Befriending £10 initial set up/administration and then £5.00 per volunteer visit
- Domestic Help £18.00 per hour
- Home Companion £22.00 per hour
- Handy Person Service £20.00 per hour
Please note that a mileage charge of 45p per mile after the first mile will be charged
The Home Support Service - our goals
We promote positive attitudes towards ageing and to encourage older people to live their lives with dignity and independence in their own homes for as long as possible.
Tel: 01363 777241.
For more information, contact us